Tuesday, October 10, 2006

All Apologies

A thousand apologies to our dear friend the pineapple, who was ruthlessly jeered a few posts ago as making no sense on a plaque asking God to bless our guests.

Many thanks to our friend The Ironic Catholic, who took the time to point out that the pineapple was an ancient sign of hospitality. She even provided a link that explains it here. So, I am very sorry, pineapple. I should spend a little more time doing my homework next time before pointing fingers.

However, as he also pointed out, the sign is still hideous, so I would say it still belongs in the category of "kitsch".

2 comments:

The Ironic Catholic said...

I'm a she, and you're welcome. ;)

Gregory said...

Oh wow. I guess I should have read more carefully at your blog. I've had a horrible lapse in being attentive to detail lately.

Anyway, I'm feeling sheepish. Sorry.